Monday, May 2, 2011

It's voting day!

Here in Canadaland it's voting day! I find voting to be something that I expect myself to do, but I guess that comes along with being an opinionated person. I don't believe that I should be handed many things, but the ability to express my opinions and beliefs is one of them. It's silly that people say "I'm not voting because the system is corrupt!" or "I'm not voting because I don't care!". In voting you're not just telling the government who's values you believe in, but you're also telling them that you have an opinion about the way your country is being run, and you expect it to be heard!
I've always had a bit of a problem with how people take the hard work of people from the past for granted. It wasn't very long ago that us women were denied the right to vote, and the sufferagettes of the past had to picket, riot, flier, and fight their way to having that right. So easily we forget the pain of oppression.
Last year in Canada less than 40% of the people voted, and the Conservatives won by less than 20 votes! So vote today, and let our government know that WE ARE the reason they're here, and not the other way around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hullo there, pal. Thanks for taking the time to comment on this blog post, you're the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...