Wednesday, June 22, 2011

summer in ontario = strawberries!

    It's strawberry season! Seeing as I don't ever buy strawberries when they're out of season (California strawberries during winter are tempting but they're never organic and they're always expensive) so I like to live up strawberry season as much as I can.
    Next week everybody I work with over at Cafe Pyrus is going berry picking! I'm so excited because having an excess of berries means freezing them, canning them, turning them into syrups, baking with them, throwing them into salads, dipping them into chocolate, pigging out on them, and then giving the rest away to the people you love, or people you think could be a little sweeter!
Here's what I've come up with so far:


Vegan french toast? Be still my beating heart! It's a recipe we've come up with since becoming vegan. It uses bananas instead of eggs and I actually like it a lot more than I ever liked french toast growing up. I'll be posting the recipe soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hullo there, pal. Thanks for taking the time to comment on this blog post, you're the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...