Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils

photo by Tracy Weston Photography
    It's so hot and humid and sticky and gross out today. Summer is tightening her grip on us but I'm dreaming about fall. Usually I'm bummed to see summer go, but the idea of going back to school for the first time after finishing highschool four years ago has made me wish summer would just go away so that I can start learning!
    I never, ever thought I would be excited to go to school since I hated public school and highschool so much. I think it's because I got here on my own terms, I saw what life is like without a college education, and I've found something I have a passion for. I'm also excited to no longer have to work 40 hour weeks just to make ends meet, and to work hard at something that will get me somewhere. No more working my hands to the bone for someone else's success, I'm thrilled to be working on my own future.
    Next Tuesday is my first day of school. That's less than a week away! I don't have everything I need just yet, but I've been told that's normal.
    As for right now, I've been falling in love with everything fall!
by purlpurlpurl on Etsy
Backpack by Shelterprotectsyou on Etsy

Pencil Case by Tokyoinspired on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hullo there, pal. Thanks for taking the time to comment on this blog post, you're the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...