Thursday, September 8, 2011

Vegan Banana French Toast

    Now, I've posted my french toast before, but never the recipe. I'd first seen banana french toast online, but when I went to try it myself the result was much too soggy, so I've created my own recipe. Here it is!


What you'll need:
- Bread of any kind
-2 ripe bananas (they work great if they're fresh or from frozen)
-3/4 cup almond milk
-1 tablespoon vanilla extract
-1 pinch cinnamon
-1 pinch nutmeg

- Heat pan or skillet to medium heat.
- Blend bananas, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a food processor. This mix shouldn't be too thin, or your bread will get soggy while it's cooking. If it does get thin, just add another banana.
- Dip both sides of your bread into mixture. Don't soak them for too long.
- Throw it on the grill with a bit of oil, flipping when golden brown.

    I love serving french toast topped with powdered sugar, strawberries, and a side of pure maple syrup. During colder weather when berries are out of season, apple is a great substitute. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oh my!
    those look delish! I may have to snag this recipe to try out. :]

    ReplyDelete

Hullo there, pal. Thanks for taking the time to comment on this blog post, you're the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...