Monday, October 24, 2011

We Got 99 Problems, But The Rich Got None.

    On October 15th I attended OccupyTO, which was fantastic. It was a completely peaceful protest filled with awesome people supporting an awesome cause.
    Now, to be honest, when I had first heard of OccupyTO I didn't know much about it. But I went online, I found out what the movement was about, who it was supporting, and I really agreed with it. A lot of people have cast the Occupy movement aside because they say it won't accomplish anything, but that's exactly why I showed up.

Is there a reason to assemble better than showing support for the people around you?

    Is there a reason to assemble that is better than showing there is strength in numbers? Is there a better reason to come out of our comfortable homes on a rainy day than to say "Hey, we don't agree with the economic divide in this world, and we have the power to do something about it!"? 
I found this very ironic
"That's exactly why privileged fucks like me should feel obliged to whine and kick and scream. Until everyone has everything they need" -Propagandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hullo there, pal. Thanks for taking the time to comment on this blog post, you're the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...